On 22 October 2021, the state government issued a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for a majority of occupations and workforces in Western Australia in a phased approach.
This will enable industries and workforces to safely prepare for the continuity of services in the event of expected community transmission.
There are 2 groups, industries and occupations in the first group must receive the first dose vaccination by 1 December 2021 and be fully vaccinated by 31 December 2021.
Those in the second group must receive the first vaccination dose by 31 December 2021 and be fully vaccinated by 31 January 2021.
This information from WA Health is provided in the links below to ensure Jobs Australia Members have access to current COVID-19 information and advice.
The Chief Health Officer has determined that certain occupations and industries are at increased risk of exposure to COVID-19 or have a greater potential to transmit the virus to vulnerable members of the community.
Some workforces are themselves critical to the functioning of our society and there would be impacts if they were affected with COVID-19.
Vaccination aims to reduce any transmission risk associated with these cohorts continuing to move around the community and to ensure the continuation of services to the community.
Industries determined to have high transmission risk, vulnerability risk or are necessary or critical to the safety of the community.
- Border control and air transport
- Staff working in or entering remote Aboriginal communities
- Residential and non-residential community care services including:
- Mental health
- Drug and alcohol services
- Child protection
- Family and domestic violence
- Aboriginal peoples
Industries and workforce are deemed critical to the ongoing delivery of services to the community.
- Supermarket, grocery, butcher, fruit and vegetable store or fishmonger; indoor or outdoor food market
- Restaurant, pub, bar or café
- Post office
- Hardware store
- Child care or family daycare provider
- School or boarding school (teachers and other support staff)
- Financial institution
- Critical infrastructure and services necessary for the health, safety, or welfare of the community, any person, animal, or premises
- Veterinary clinic
- Utilities: power, gas, and water, public and private
- Security provided to critical providers/workplaces only
- Government regulators
- Domestic and commercial waste and resource recovery
- Petrol stations, truck stops, and roadhouses
- Public transport
- Commercial transport including taxis, rideshare, and other passenger services
- Remaining port operations
- Remaining commercial transport, freight, or logistics
- Hotel, motel, or other accommodation facilities
- Funerary or mortuary services
- Building, maintenance, or construction services
Note: All school staff will require a double dose prior to the start of Term 1, whilst this will be 31 January for many, others will be prior to that date.
Please see the below link to the WA Health website:
https://ww2.health.wa.gov.au/Articles/A_E/Coronavirus/COVID19-vaccination-program/Mandatory-COVID19-vaccination (accessed 25 October 2021)
This information is provided by Jobs Australia to inform Members in WA of these state government compliance requirements. Jobs Australia will provide further updates should any changes to this information be announced.