From 8 November 2021, the NSW State Government restrictions will ease further for people who are fully vaccinated.
From Monday 8 November 2021, eased restrictions will allow those who are fully vaccinated to have:
- No capacity limits for major recreation and entertainment facilities
- No limits on the number of people to a residence
- No booking limits for restaurants and hospitality
COVID-Safe check-ins and proof of vaccination are required for employees and customers in most settings.
The Roadmap for easing COVID-19 restrictions in NSW offers a summary of the rules for people in NSW. In particular:
Masks and QR codes
- Masks are required for all staff and customers in all indoor settings including on public transport, planes, and in airports (except children under the age of 12)
- Masks are not required in office buildings (except for people who are not fully vaccinated)
- Masks are not required in outdoor settings (except for front-of-house hospitality staff)
- COVID-19 safe check-ins and proof of vaccination are required for staff and customers
Shopping and personal services
- Non-critical retail remains open with density limits (people who are not fully vaccinated can only access non-critical retail via click and collect)
- No person limit for personal services (including hairdressers, spas, beauty and nail salons, tattoo and massage parlours), density limits apply
Working from home
- Employers allow staff to continue to work from home, if reasonably practicable
- Employers require staff who are not fully vaccinated to work from home, if reasonably practicable
About the roadmap
The roadmap is subject to further fine-tuning and health advice if circumstances change drastically or cases remain too high.
- COVID-Safe check-ins and proof of vaccination are required for staff and customers in most settings
- Density limits of 1 person per 2sqm indoor and outdoor areas apply
- COVID-19 safe plans apply
This information was accessed from the NSW State Government website:
https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/easing-covid-19-restrictions/opening-in-november (accessed 8 Nov 2021)
Check the COVID-19 rules
The roadmap for easing COVID-19 restrictions below offers a summary of the rules for people in NSW.
To read the rules in full, visit the below links:
- Rules for face masks in an indoor area on common property for residential premises
- Rules for fully vaccinated people in NSW
- Rules for people who are not fully vaccinated
- Business rules for NSW
This information is provided by Jobs Australia to assist Members in NSW with awareness of these State Government compliance requirements. We will provide a further update should any changes to this information be announced.
To speak to the Workplace Relations team, please call them on 1800 331 915 (option #1) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.