All employers need to ensure that disciplinary action and, where necessary, termination of employment is lawful and fair.
This guide has been produced by Jobs Australia Ltd to assist members to develop and maintain a sound understanding of:
- the nature and extent of their legal obligations concerning termination of employment;
- how they can ensure that disciplinary procedures and employee dismissals are carried out lawfully and fairly;
- how to carry out disciplinary procedures;
- what happens when a dismissal is contested through courts and industrial tribunals; and,
- where to go to for assistance and advice.