JOBS AUSTRALIA EVENT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These Event Terms (Terms) govern your purchase of tickets for, and attendance at events held by Jobs Australia. It is your responsibility to review these Terms prior to the purchase of tickets. By purchasing tickets, you agree to be bound by these Terms. We reserve the right to amend these Terms at any time and will provide the most recent version on our website.
Throughout these Terms, the terms “Jobs Australia”, “we”, “us” and “our” refer to Jobs Australia, and “you” refers to the individual or business purchasing tickets or attending Events.
1. Event Booking and Ticket Purchase:
- A list of upcoming Events, and ticket prices are available on our website.
- In addition to the ticket price, you must pay GST and any booking, handling, credit card surcharge or postage fees specified on our website.
- Ticket prices are subject to change, and Jobs Australia will use best endeavors to inform you if there is a change.
- You may make a booking and/or purchase a ticket for an Event:
- via Jobs Australia’s chosen service provider or CRM
- Full payment must be received at least 72 hours prior to the Event. If full payment is not received by this time, the booking will be cancelled with no notice to you;
- Your booking is confirmed when you receive an email notification and receipt from Jobs Australia. We will maintain a list of confirmed and paid up attendees for each Event, and you may gain entrance to the Event by presenting identification or your email receipt. You will not receive a hard copy or electronic ticket.
2. Refunds, Credits and Transfers:
- All ticket sales and table bookings are final. No exchange, credit or refund will be given except in the case of a cancelled or rescheduled event (see section 3). For clarification, you are not entitled to a refund if:
- you did not enjoy the event;
- you are no longer able to attend the event; or
- you arrive late or are refused entry for any reason.
- A ticket or table booking is transferrable to another person on the following conditions:
- A request is submitted in writing to email@example.com containing the replacement guest name and email address.
- The request is submitted at least 48 hours prior to the event.
- Jobs Australia reserves the right to refuse entry if a replacement guest arrives at the event without the ticket being transferred via this procedure.
3. Event Cancellation or Postponement:
- Sometimes events are cancelled, varied or postponed due to situations which affect the speaker, or for other reasons outside of our control. If an event is cancelled or postponed by Jobs Australia, you may, at your option:
- obtain a credit for the ticket price to put towards another Event; or
- obtain a full refund of the ticket price.
- We will use reasonable endeavors to notify ticket holders of a cancellation, variation or postponement by sending an email to all ticket holders and putting a notice on our website; however, the responsibility to ascertain whether an event has been cancelled, varied or postponed is yours. We do not guarantee that ticket holders will be informed of a cancellation, variation or postponement before the date of the event.
4. Event Conduct:
- You are expected to behave in a professional and appropriate manner at all Events. We reserve the right to refuse entry or require you to leave if your behavior is deemed unacceptable.
- You acknowledge that cameras, audio and video recorders may not be permitted at certain events. Jobs Australia will advise whether this is the case at each event.
- Jobs Australia may at times film and photograph events. You consent to being filmed or photographed by Jobs Australia (or its representatives) and to Jobs Australia using your name, likeness, image and/or voice in such photographs or films for the purpose of promoting our events, services and products. No remuneration is payable for such use.
5. Limitation of Liability:
- To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions and warranties relating to your purchase of tickets for and attendance at Events.
- Where our liability cannot be excluded, such as in relation to Consumer Guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law or other prescribed terms under legislation, our liability for breach is limited to the face value of the ticket purchased by you, plus any relevant booking and delivery fees.
- These Terms shall in respects be governed by the laws of Victoria, Australia. You submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in Victoria to determine any matter or dispute which arises under these Terms.
- If any provision of these Terms is deemed invalid or unenforceable, all or part of that provision will be severed from the Terms and will not affect the enforceability of the remaining provisions of the Terms.
- No waiver of any term shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term. Any failure to assert any right under the Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right.
- These Terms constitute the entire agreement between Jobs Australia and you in relation to the Events.
- Jobs Australia will only use personal information it collects for its original purpose that is disclosed at time of collection. However, Jobs Australia may disclose personal information it holds where there is a legal duty to do so, including circumstances where a lawful duty of care to disclose information exists. Where this is the case, Jobs Australia will notify the member / business/ individual in writing of who the information was given to and what information was given.
- Jobs Australia does not disclose any information to any other party external to the organisation unless sought under the National or State laws.