Who we are
Jobs Australia is the national peak body for nonprofit organisations that assist unemployed people to prepare for and find employment. The network helps members to make the most effective use of their resources to promote the need for services and support that will help unemployed people to participate fully in society.
We provide an independent voice for members who range from large charitable organisations to small local community-based agencies. Jobs Australia is the largest network of employment and related service providers in Australia and is funded and owned by its members.
Who we represent
Jobs Australia members are non-profit organisations that help unemployed people to prepare for and find employment.
Typically, Jobs Australia members do some or all of the following:
- Deliver services under Commonwealth and/or State Government funded programs, such as jobactive (including Work for the Dole), Disability Employment Services, Community Development Program (formerly the Remote Jobs and Communities Program), Skills for Education and Employment, and similar State Government programs.
- Deliver accredited or non-accredited training for unemployed people as Registered Training Organisations, Group Training Organisations, apprenticeship centres, social enterprises and other non-profit training and education institutions.
- Deliver similar employment and training services to unemployed people without any government funding.
Jobs Australia supports and represents the interests of non-profit employment and related service organisations that exist to achieve a fair and equitable Australia.
A fair and equitable Australia.
Jobs Australia values:
- Ethical, transparent and accountable approaches to all our activities and relationships
- Consultation with our members to ensure their views are reflected in our policies and services positively influence the future
- Strong leadership and bold decision-making to positively influence the future.
- Engagement and collaboration with others in building a better society
- Respectful and people-centred approaches to human and community development The commitment of our people
- Independence and social enterprise
- Investment in and promotion of innovation and good practice
- Professionalism and relevance in all aspects of our operations.
- Environmentally sustainable approaches to our work