Jardine Lloyd Thompson supports non-profit organisations working to assist and improve the lives of unemployed individuals looking to find employment.
As members of the Jobs Australia Network, JLT supports your mission in achieving a fair and equitable Australia. JLT is inviting Jobs Australia member organisations to apply for their Excellence in Community Service Grant.
The Grant is aimed at giving applicants a financial helping hand in advancing a current project/program that will change a community. The grant is centred on the idea that people from different socio-economic backgrounds should come together to talk about what matters to them, and create ways to develop and implement strategies for reaching the objectives they aim to accomplish.
- Submit your completed application to by no later than COB Friday 23th September 2016.
- Applications will be reviewed between 26th September 2016 and 3rd October 2016.
- Finalists will be announced by 7th October 2016
- The winner will be announced at the Jobs Australia 2016 National Conference
You must comply with all 4 eligibility criteria in order to be entitled to the JLT Excellence in Community Service Grant;
- The community initiative you are seeking funding for must be based in Australia.
- The program / project you are seeking funding for must have an objective that is aligned with the Jobs Australia vision – A fair and equitable Australia.
- You must be a current Jobs Australia member.
- You must submit a document which will detail, the following:
- Your Organisations Contact details.
- Your organisations’ prior community involvement and achievements.
- A financial budget for the community initiative that clearly outlines how the funds will be spent.
- How the grant will contribute and make a difference?
- A reference from a prominent member of the local community.
PLEASE NOTE: this referee must consent to providing their contact details as the panel may contact them to verify.
The Project should aim at addressing one or more of the following Focus Areas:
- Support and Assistance – to assist unemployed people to find employment that cannot be delivered with any government funding which your organisation might receive
- Respect and People – centred approaches for individual and community development
- Collaboration and Leadership – in enabling young people to develop confidence and leadership skills for the future. As well as ensuring positive decisions are made for the future
- Solutions – long term solutions for future programs / projects and community development