Jobs Australia is Hiring: Workplace Relations Officer
Workplace Relations Officer
- Full time position
- Immediate Start Available
- Modern office suite on the city fringe close to public transport
- Looking for a hands-on person, experienced in Workplace Relations
The Workplace Relations Officer will work with a team of experienced professionals providing outstanding guidance and advice on a full suite of employment matters relating to employment legislation, awards, enterprise agreements and general HR issues.
This position is a technical role and as such will focus on activities including:
- Providing timely and quality telephone advice and guidance to Jobs Australia Members on a wide range of Workplace Relations and HR management issues.
- Identify opportunities for consultancy work to benefit Jobs Australia Members.
- Assist Jobs Australia Workplace Relations Advisors to provide timely and quality consultancy services to Members
The ideal candidate will have experience working in a workplace relations role which may have been gained in an employer association, union, shared serves environment, large HR team or legal practice. The role may also suit a candidate who worked in a not for profit community service environment and has a thorough understanding of the SCHCADS award.
The candidate will also have:
- A sound understanding of the Australian workplace relations system and the Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong attention to detail
- The ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of organisations and individuals at all levels
- An understanding of current IR and HR issues affecting the not-for-profit industry
- The ability to problem solve and work autonomously
In addition to working in a highly rewarding and diverse role, you will enjoy being part of a fantastic, supportive team, and receive a competitive salary.
If this could be the next step in your career, don't let this one pass you by, apply now!
Who we are?
Jobs Australia Ltd is the national peak body that represents not for profit member organisations who deliver Employment Services programs and not for profit community sector associate members who deliver employment support services and social services all over Australia.
Jobs Australia’s expertise is in employment services and is complemented by knowledge and experience of the work of the community and social services sector. Jobs Australia Members and Associate Members provide the best possible assistance to disadvantaged communities and people.
For further information please contact Margaret Balsillie on 03 9349 3699.
To view the position description, please visit click on the link below.
All applicants must attach a resume, cover letter and address the key selection criteria.
Please note, incomplete applications may not be considered.
Applications close 5:00pm Wednesday 26 February 2020.
Applications to be emailed to Nicole Steers, Chief Operating Officer, Jobs Australia