Jobs Australia is Hiring: Workplace Relations Officer
- 6 month fixed term contract with potential to extend
- Modern suite of offices on the city fringe
- Close to Public Transport
- Looking for a hands-on person, experienced in Industrial Relations and Human Resources
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Workplace Relations Officer will provide outstanding guidance and advice on a full suite of employment matters relating to industrial relations legislation, awards and general human resource issues.
This position is a technical role and as such will focus activities including:
- Providing timely and quality telephone advice and guidance to Jobs Australia members on a wide range of workplace relations and human resource management issues;
- Identify opportunities for workplace relations consultancy work to benefit Jobs Australia members
Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate for this role will have excellent verbal and written communication, strong attention to detail and second to none customer service.
- Vibrant, friendly and full of energy
- Adaptable and resilient to an ever-evolving and fast-paced work environment
- Highly self-motivated
- Strong ability to solve problems and offer solutions
- A sound understanding of the Australian workplace relations system and the Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth)
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of organisations and individuals at all levels
- An understanding of current industrial relations and human resource industrial issues affecting the not-for-profit industry
- Ability to problem solve and work autonomously
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; and
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
In addition to working in a highly rewarding and diverse role, you will enjoy being part of a fantastic, supportive team, receive a competitive salary, and all the benefits of working with a, progressive industry leader!
If you are looking for a rewarding opportunity, this could be the next step in your Industrial Relations/HR career. Don't let this one pass you by, apply now!
Who we are?
Jobs Australia is the national peak body which helps not-for-profit employment and community services all over Australia to provide the best possible assistance to disadvantaged communities and people.
With our expertise in employment services, and because we are funded solely by our members, we can advocate to government and others for what’s right and best in helping unemployed people - with real insight and an independent voice.
If you would like to discuss this role further please contact Margaret Balsillie or Toby Halls on 03 9349 3699
To view the position description see below.
All applicants must attach a resume cover letter and address the key selection criteria.
Please note, incomplete applications may not be considered.
Applications close 5:00 pm 10, May 2019.
Applications to be emailed to Nicole Steers, Chief Operating Officer, Jobs Australia, firstname.lastname@example.org